"The total number of days between Today and Friday, June 15th, 2012 is 45 days."
Wow, we're now halfway through our 90 days challenge, and so far we have:
- Written our first draft (by day 26)
- Self edited draft one (by day 28)
- Sent it out to alpha readers by email and post (days 29-35 - printing takes time!)
- Read and considered all the alpha feedback
- Read and considered editorial feedback
- Completed Developmental Editing
- Reproofed the manuscript to fix any unseen errors, and those introduced during the developmental edit
- Formatted the ebook for kindle by hand. Checked the formatting worked on kindle
- Started our social media campaign - we've had over two million impressions total (be that tweets delivered to streams, status' seen or blog views). [How did we work this out?]
- Found, and hired our artist [Here's how - a guide to finding your cover artist, and how much you should be paying]
- Blogged almost every day
We've now put a sneak peek up for you guys showing off our cover art, and a seven line excerpt.
We're substantively done with the writing - barring any major errors being flagged with our beta readers we'll be on Amazon comfortably before the deadline. Watch out for a post/ tweets in the near future on this.